Friday, October 26, 2012

Just A Glimpse

Today, like every other weekday around 3:45, I got into my same silver van, to merge onto the same Bath Route 1, while listening to the same Howie Carr. I looked at the same BIW crane as I crossed the same bridge over the Kennebec into the same stretch of Woolwich, traveling with the same bit of traffic......or so I thought ....but unknown to me, a rarely seen friend was only a car's length away.
Just before The Taste of Maine restaurant, I noticed a familiar silhouette in the car ahead of me. It was the one and only Bill Batty of Spruce Head! I pulled along side his official Midcoast Internet Solutions stationwagon and we exchanged beeps, waves and smiles before merging into one lane.


Once again, we each journeyed alone along Route 1. Now, however, with just the glimpse of a dear friend, the "sameness" of my day had dissipated and a smile was on my face. Isn't God good to give us friends like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States